Silver Thread Basecamp
Adventure Begins Here
New for 2023
Sleeps 4 to 6
Our glamping wagons come equipped with a queen bed and bunks to sleep 4-6. They are heated and air conditioned, have a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, and smart TV. They have a full bathroom with shower and come equipped with sheets and towels.
Waterfalls And Wildlife In The San Juan Mountains
Comforts Around the Campfire
Enjoy the sights and sounds of wild nature without giving up the conveniences of civilization. Quiet, shaded campsites, hot showers, newly-remodeled restrooms, playground, modern laundry facility, and free WiFi are just the beginning. Come see us when the weather is perfect from May 1 – October 31.
Explore Southern Colorado
Ruggedly beautiful Colorado offers limitless ways to enjoy the outdoors – hiking, rafting, fishing, biking, ATV trails, geocaching, bird watching, wildlife photography, and golf. Visit the museums, discover the thousand-year-old culture of the Ute people, shop for souvenirs, and try all the restaurants. The Silver Thread Byway is overflowing with exciting ways to make memories.
Gold Medal Trout Fishing
There are countless lakes, streams, and rivers in Colorado offering camping sites with superior fishing, but only 322 miles of trout streams in the entire state have been designated by the Colorado Wildlife Commission as Gold Medal waterways because they offer great spots to catch really large trout. The Rio Grande River runs right beside Silver Thread Basecamp and has earned that distinction. Bring your fishing tackle!
- The duration of a reservation may not be shortened once confirmed
- We cannot be held responsible for weather, illness, work schedules, or other situations; therefore, we do not issue refunds and this policy is enforced regardless of circumstance.
- Advance reservations require a 2-night minimum.
- July 4th and Labor Day holiday weekends require a 3-night minimum.
- Walk-up reservations for single nights are available.
- Additional guests (age 5+) carry an extra $6/night charge (maximum occupancies per site and per rental do apply, and, all ages count toward maximum occupancies).
- Additional vehicles are $5/night.
- Additional tents are $10/night (tents are not allowed at rental units).
RV and Tent site reservation deposits are eligible for a refund, minus a $75 cancellation fee, when a cancellation is made, in writing, 30 or more days prior to the reservation start date. Between 30 and 7 days of the reservation start date, the deposit is non-refundable.
Guests who cancel within 7 days of the reservation start date will be charged the balance due for the entire stay. A credit might be available for use on a future reservation, under special circumstances. Please email us to see if your situation qualifies.
All cancellation requests and inquiries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RV & Tent Sites: Check-In 1:00 PM, Check-Out 11:00 AM
- Covered Wagons & Rustic Cabin: Check-In 3:00 PM, Check-Out 11:00 AM
- Late check-out will result in a charge for an additional night’s stay.
- Click here for the Camp Site & Rental Service Agreement
- We love pets!
- Due to insurance policy restrictions and at the discretion of Silver Thread Basecamp employees, we cannot allow the following dog breeds in the park: Pit bulls, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chow-Chows, Presa Canarios, Wolf Hybrids, or any breeds that are a derivative of these breeds.
- All pets should be kept on a leash or lead and attended to at all times. Shock collars and electric fences are not substitutes for leash and lead.
- There is a maximum of 3 pets allowed at any campsite.
We strive to keep our park clean and family-friendly. We ask that you follow our guidelines to maintain a safe, clean, and fun environment.
- Quiet Hours 10:00 PM – 8:00 AM: no music and hushed voices outside; strictly enforced.
- Keep music volume down at all times, to respect other guests around you.
- Speed Limit: 5 MPH throughout the park
- Public intoxication, profanity, and violence will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal.
- One adult, 21+, must be present at your site or rental for the duration of your stay.
- Vehicles must be registered with the office and display a valid pass.
- Campfires must be contained within the fire pit or grill.
- Fireworks, water balloons, cascarones and piñata’s are not allowed.
- No smoking and no pets in rentals.
Please leave your site clean (or cleaner) as when you arrived.
Excessive litter on-site, or evidence of pets/smoking in rentals, is cause for additional cleaning fees. Review our full Campground Guidelines for more information.